TalentWeb Recruitment & Staffing is searching for a DevOps Manager for a full-time, direct-hire, 100% remote position. This key individual will manage Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management and Tier 3 support for applications.
- Manage the production support team
- Provide metrics and reporting on the health of the production and UAT environments.
- Mentor production support engineers
- The team does release and configuration for UAT and PROD environments. This requires an understanding of CICD tools and cloud technologies.
- Creating and running UAT/PROD database scripts and updates (bash and sql scripting)
- Coordinating and configuring new environment setup
- Manage and support UAT and Production application deployments 24x7
- Conduct quality testing on UAT and Production deployments
- Own the Infrastructure Change Management Process (adding change requests, communicating to CAB, facilitating CAB meetings etc.)
- Troubleshooting any issues in UAT/PROD environment
- Monitoring system and application performance daily/monthly/real-time to help identify and resolve any issues using Logic Monitor and Sumo Logic.
- Level 3 application support
- Work cross functionally with Cloud Operations, Development, Quality Assurance and L1/2 Application Support
- Engage in internal issues reviews and client calls, when necessary
- Maintain interaction within entire organization and third party related entities
- Assist in support hours of operation and off-hour production emergencies, including participating in an on-call rotation
- Perform level of effort estimates for assigned tasks and change orders
- Revise client identified issues and contribute to SOW’s and Tech Specs as required
- Help stabilize and operationalize new products from R&D into Production
- Identify root causes of technical issues in Production and assist with the creation of RCA reports
- Design and develop solutions to fix identified problems
- Interact with project teams for new products development giving insights from technical issues of previous products
- Create documentation for supporting production support
- Study and recommend corrective solutions for enhancing efficiency
- 5+ years of experience of doing production support in a 24x7x365 SaaS environment
- 2+ years managing technical teams
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong Database experience with MS SQL and/or Oracle
- Experience working with SOAP/RESTful web services
- Working knowledge of Linux OS & Scripting
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), preferably Ansible.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS & Powershell Scripting
- Demonstrated skills with performance testing and tuning at all levels including at the API level
- Experience managing a change management process
- Understanding of SLDC’s
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with Jenkins and AWS Code Deploy
- Understanding and experience working in a cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to a wide variety of audiences
- Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision
- Driven, able to meet deadline requirements and project deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, ability to work well with all levels
- Ability to support flexible schedules in support of maintenance windows
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study or equivalent work experience