TalentWeb Recruitment & Staffing is searching for a Cloud Engineer for a full-time direct-hire opportunity in Rocklin, CA. The ideal candidate has the ability to maintain infrastructure engineering standards/processes as well as oversee implementation and delivery.
- Working closely with our Senior Cloud Engineer to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assisting with other project deliverables as needed.
- Daily support of public cloud and on-premises platforms running on Azure and VMware.
- Implementing Microsoft infrastructure including Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure SSO and MFA.
- Performing operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Monitoring system performance, troubleshooting and resolving errors.
- Implementing Azure AD, RMS and Azure security related products.
- Installing, configuring, automating, and monitoring various cloud services.
- Providing periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Implementing PaaS and IaaS based Azure solutions.
- Migrating servers and workloads from on-prem to a cloud environment.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Active Directory.
- Intermediate level knowledge of the Microsoft Azure environment.
- Experience in on-prem and virtual server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of core IT infrastructure and systems including LAN/WAN networking including routers, switches and firewalls, and SAN storage.
- Knowledge of VMWARE virtualization in server environment, Active Directory & GPO’s, and O365 and enterprise anti-virus.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office software.
- MS Azure IaaS/PaaS administration experience Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP.
- Exposure to Office 365 products such as Exchange Online, One-drive, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with scripting and automation.
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDN) is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
- Experience with Chef and Puppet a plus.
- Some Linux experience is desirable.